These days almost every fast food joint offers some form of Oreo Milkshake. Everybody from McDonalds to The Cheesecake Factory has some version of Oreo milkshakes. It is among the more popular flavors of milkshake right up there with vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and all the other traditional flavors. Not everybody embraces the drive through culture though and it is quite easy to whip up an Oreo milkshake at home. You can often end up with a better tasting result than the fast food version anyway.
There are tons of difference recipes for Oreo milkshakes out on the web. As long as you have a blender you can make 99% of them without any fuss. I have taken a few of my favorite Oreo milkshake recipes and posted them for you here. Below I have listed some of the major factors I consider when I choose a recipe for this site.
My Oreo Milkshake Selection Criteria
- Is it Tasty? - This one is as important as it is obvious. The more delicious the milkshake tastes, the more likely I am to add it here.
- Ease of Preparation – Making a milkshake is not rocket science. It shouldn’t require much more than a blender and a little time. Recipes that are overly involved aren’t so interesting to me.
- Originality - I always enjoy when someone is able throw in a little creative twist that makes the milkshake even tastier. Bonus points for milkshake recipes that break the mold.
This combines mint flavor and a touch of malt to make a very tasty milkshake. Using mint Oreos is a great variation on the traditional Oreo milkshake recipes.
- Vanilla ice cream
- malt powder
- mint Oreos
- green sprinkles (for garnish)
- whipped cream (for garnish)
- Fill your blender with vanilla ice cream. Make sure you do NOT pack it down.
- Add a tablespoon or 2 of malt powder, and 9-10 mint Oreos. Add milk until it fills the cracks and crevices about 3/4 of the way to the top of the blender. If you like thick shakes you can add more milk as you start to blend.
- Blend until smooth, adjusting the milk or ice cream as needed until the shake is the consistency you like
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
This is a GREAT tasting milkshake. Typically Oreo milkshakes are made using Oreo cookies and vanilla ice cream but this creative recipe combines Oreos in a different but just as tasty method.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup (Hershey’s)
- 3 scoops Oreo cookie ice cream (Moxley’s Mojo)
- 2 chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreo)
In a blender combine the chocolate syrup, milk, and 3 large scoops of Oreo ice cream. Blend until frothy and divide between 2 large cups. You can garnish with the Oreo cookies and serve.
Here is a pretty standard Oreo milkshake recipe that is a slightly modified version of the one available on the Nabisco website. Nabisco is the brilliant company that owns the Oreo brand.
Oreo Milkshake Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 cup of milk
- 2-4 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup of vanilla ice-cream, softened
1) Break the Oreos into small pieces so they are easier to blend
2) Pour in the vanilla ice cream, milk, and Oreo pieces into the blender
3) Blend until smooth or whatever your desired texture appears
4) Pour into a large glass and swirl in the chocolate syrup
5) Enjoy your Oreo shake!